Android phones and tablets are usually much more than operating systems like iOS, Ti zen, or Windows 10 Mobile. If you do not like the firmware installed by the device manufacturer on your Android device, you are free to replace it with your own custom firmware. Android Firmware or Android Flash File ROM is the operating system that must be installed on a smartphone so that the smartphone is switched on and running all the features and applications.
- Now, the company is rolling out MIUI 11 based on Android 10 for the Redmi Note 7, Redmi Note 8 Pro, Redmi K20/Mi 9T, Mi MIX 3, Mi 9 SE, Mi 8 SE, and others.
- There are many reasons you might want to revert your rooted phone back to stock Android.
- CesiumOS is new to the game, but already looking good and something which worth a try.
- Follow the below Guide to install the firmware using the Mi Flash Tool.
Kernel source releases also help developers to port popular custom ROMs (e.g. LineageOS) for the device which, in turn, benefit users who aren’t satisfied with the stock ROM. OEMs like Xiaomi and Motorola maintain a steady track record of releasing these sources and we now have another example of their commitment towards the aftermarket developer community. The ASUS ZenFone 6, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, Motorola Moto G7, Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (Snapdragon), and BQ Aquarius M10 4G all have one thing in common – and that’s official TWRP support! If you have one of those devices listed above with an unlocked bootloader, you can finally flash an official build of TWRP, which means both support and updates. Official versions also have all advertised features working, usually without a hitch. You can check out each of the links in the table below to download for your device. At its Mi 11 China launch event back in December 2020, Xiaomi teased the MIUI 12.5 update roadmap for a few of its devices.
- You might be able to find a pre-rooted version of the ROM.
- The ROM comes in a compressed file with a zip extension, which contains the Flash file, the Flash Tool, the USB driver, and the instruction manual.
- Redmi also announced a regular “non-Pro” Note 8, of course.
- SP Flash Tool always allows you to flash your custom recovery by adding the scatter file that name must be recovered.img file, you may flash it easily.
- So taking the chance here to add sincere thanks, we could expect more stable and extended tool support in the times ahead.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro USB Driver is 100% free since the Xiaomi community officially releases it for Xiaomi Mobile users. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro USB Driver is a free software primarily used to install the Xiaomi Drivers on the Windows Computer with a few clicks. Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro Smartphone is powered by Mediatek Helio G90T Chipset. Therefore, you have to install the Mediatek USB Driver and the ADB Driver to connect the Smartphone to the Computer. Here I will mention only features that are not available in other mobile manufacturers’ Android 11 versions, and it is exclusive to Xiaomi mobiles. Once you have booted into the Download Mode, you will be able to see this screen on your device. There are plenty of features added in the Android firmware 11 based MIUI 12 version, compare with the Old MIUI version.
This one seemed like more of an iterative update than anything as it features modest upgrades over its predecessor. It packs a Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 processor, a quad-camera setup with a main 48MP sensor, and other minor improvements. In its never-ending quest to produce smartphones that combine the best-in-class hardware with a criminally low price point, Xiaomi has hit a new milestone with the Redmi Note 8. In Europe, the device is known as the Redmi Note 8T, with the only difference being that the 8T supports NFC. Official builds of LinageOS 18.1 based on Android 11 are now available for the original Google Pixel, Pixel XL, and the Redmi Note 8/Redmi Note 8T. Getting back to stock uses the same techniques used to install ROMs and mods in the first place.
Download the latest Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Stock ROM, and official firmware [Flash file]. On this page, we shared a complete guide on how to download and install Custom ROMs, and stock firmware using Windows and Linux PC. In this article, you will get the download links after extracting it on any desktop computer. You will receive a full package including a flash file, flash tool, and USB drivers to unlock or flash any Android device manually.